Whenever children die in mass it is truly tragic. But when the supposed grown-ups use their deaths as sacrificial lambs to further their political agenda or ideology it’s 10 times more so. Less than two weeks ago on a otherwise bright and spring-like day at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida a 19-year-old young man by the name of Nikolas Cruz selfishly slayed 17 people, 14 of which were students ranging from 14-18 years of age.
But rather than the focus being on the tragic loss of life and the pursuing of the “why” of the tragedy and how we can reduce, if not eliminate, anything like this from reoccurring, the focus has been purposefully perverted to push the political agenda of the extreme progressive left’s wet dream to strip law-abiding American gun owner’s possession and lawful retail access to guns. This case has not gone unnoticed as a Townhall.com stated in a report entitled Liberal Media Trashes NRA for Donation, the first sentence is “Not surprisingly, liberal media quickly blamed the National Rifle Association for the deaths of 17 innocent people shot by Nikolas Cruz earlier this week in Parkland, Florida.” But in truth, as the report states, “the NRA donated $10,000 to a club at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that instructed proper firearm use.” It’s like blaming The Girl Scouts of America for obesity at a school simply because it sponsored a bake sale. The public absurdity grows as Delta Airlines, United Airlines, and some other companies look to show how little they care for truth and honor as they cut ties with the foundation that has stood for the Constitutional right of gun ownership since 1871 and has a membership of well over 5 MILLION members. I wonder why these such “socially sensitive” companies and cororations have not taken similar actions against the AARP for its support for the passage of the disastrous Obamacare that has cost millions of American access to healthcare, and undoubtedly cost many lives; or openly demonstrated their disfavor with Planned Parenthood for its actual slaughter of over 300,000 lives each year, hmm? Too much reality? Too much like right?
The grotesque, over the top, near wall to wall, near hysterically exuberant coverage of this shooting has been reported on by CNN itself. Though the Las Vegas, Nevada massacre killed 58 and nearly 500 injured, the Parkland school shooting is getting grossly more coverage. CNN reported, “In the seven days after the Las Vegas shooting, there were 724 mentions of “gun control” on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, and just over 110 mentions on ABC, CBS and NBC broadcasts nationally, according to the media monitoring program TVEyes…In the seven days after the Parkland shooting, there were 1,024 mentions of “gun control” on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, and more than 200 mentions on ABC, CBS and NBC broadcasts nationally.” Of course all of the focus is on guns and the government’s restriction of lawful ownership by Americans.
But here are some facts of the other side of the story that the U.S media is not too motivated in tell us:
- Death by gun is on the decline.[safehomes.org] While firearm homicides are a major cause for concern, suicide by firearm makes up almost two-thirds of all gun-related deaths in the U.S. In fact, the number of firearm homicides has been on a general decline since 1993, while firearm-related suicides have increased in recent years. States with strict gun laws, such as Illinois, can still have significant rates of gun deaths, while states with extremely lax gun legislation, such as Arizona, aren’t quite as high on the list as you might expect.
- 7 of the deadliest mass shootings were committed by young boys from fatherless homes since 2005, including Cruz.[Foxnews.com] Broken homes, or homes without a physically and emotionally present mother and father, are the cause of most of society’s ills. “Unstable homes produce unstable children”.
- Cruz, just as many mass killers, were under the influences of psychiatric drugs. The killers of Newtown, Connecticut, Columbine, and countless others were juiced up on some form of psych drugs, of which have, “mind-altering drugs with fearsome side effects including ‘suicidal ideation’ and even ‘homicidal ideation.’” By the way, as the report by thenewamerican.com states, “Pharmaceutical companies spend far more than any other industry to influence politicians,” having poured “close to $2.5bn into lobbying and funding members of Congress over the past decade.” This dwarfs the “gun lobby’s” political contributions, mind you.
- While there is popular notion that has been long attempting to psychologically replace the American traditional idea of self-responsibility and self-reliance with that of the police or law enforcement are obligated or required to save or protect us from the bad guys The Courts have long rejected that. According to a 2005 ruling from the SCOTUS, as reported by tribunist.com, the government doesn’t even have a duty to protect you if you’ve obtained a court issued restraining order. An earlier ruling goes back to 1989. &
- Lets not forget what the disastrous consequences of the virtual abolishment of the Bible and it’s tenets from the government schools and the public square has had on society and in particular the youth. As Founding Father Benjamin Rush prophetically stated, By removing the Bible from schools we would be wasting so much time and money in punishing criminals and so little pains to prevent crime. Take the Bible out of our schools and there would be an explosion in crime.
Seventeen fellow Americans perished at the hands of a mentally disturbed young man. Many performed heroically in their personal sacrifice. And no honest or true effort is seemingly being given to learn the reasons why they perished nor how such a tragedy can be avoided. There is only a interest in using them as pawns in a high stakes chess games to strip Americans of our ability to ultimate self-defense to where only the criminals and the government have guns and where by the very strained association in the proponent of lawful gun ownership can brand one with the scarlet letter. Today it is the lawful gun ownership, tomorrow what lawful individual act will be made unpopular by the perceived masses? An inanimate object, whether it is a gun, a knife, a tree branch, or a car, can not kill or do anything else without an individual, a human man or woman, causing it to do so. So, until we as a God-fearing nation get serious and put aside childish tantrums and distractive political social agendas, pushed by a complicit Media, and deal with the real causes of what makes us act in such a destructive manner, that jeopardizes our very existence as a civil and free society, as rational adults, there can be no solution realized. And only more tragic deaths can be assured and the Constitutionally protected right of armed defense shall inevitably be stripped away from our posterity.