As the 4th year of Donald Trump’s reign as the President of the United States comes to a close, even the most honest passive observer looking back at it can only say WOW! Whata extraordinarily strong and courageous warrior he must be. It is my humble opinion regardless of whether or not he is elected for another 4 years or not, he will go down in U.S/American history as the greatest Citizen-President EVER!. The operative word being “Citizen”. Donald Trump was elected by the vast number of the U.S voters having never held public office, willfully surrendering his very productive and successful private life to serve the people of the United States and represent the people of America – and attempted to make America great again. The only problem is that he decided to do this as a Republican, and not a Democrat.
For years, for as long as I have been politically aware, voters on both sides of the political aisle have harkened for a businessman for President. The Republicans finally got their wish. Though he’s far from perfect, he has been very, very good for the country economically, internationally, but more importantly for the nation’s domestic psyche and identity.
Here are a few bullet points on this once private citizen’s extraordinary political success:
The Awakening of the Sleeping Giant
- In November 2019 median wage growth for the bottom 25% of workers reached 4.5% for the 12 months, outpacing a 2.9% gain in median earnings for the top 25% of income earners. After years of stagnant and declining wage growth, Trump brought change that American wage earners could actually feel in their pockets.
- The Tax Cut & Jobs Act [TCJA] was a HUGE shot in the arm of the American people after eight years of top-down economic policies and making America a destination for international & domestic businesses to park their money. Trump put an end to the Progressive Left’s notion that poor people can best create jobs, Trump saw to effectively lower the cost of U.S corporations to do business and removed the government’s foot off of the neck of businesses- large and small – to grow, expand, and succeed. This in turn put money into the pockets of the American people, not the government.
- The poverty rate fell to a 17-year low of 11.8% under the Trump administration. Just as previous courageous Presidents have done in the past, Coolidge, Kennedy, and Reagan, he understood that putting money in the pockets of the American people, not the government, and lowering the tax burden for taxpayers and producers, is the best way to spur economic growth for the nation. The poverty rate among female-led households fell 2.7 percent for African Americans, and 4 percent for Hispanics. Industries largely populated by women (and, historically, exploited women), especially hospitality and, to a lesser extent, health care, showed strong earnings gains, even as unemployment rates for African-American and Hispanic women fell to under 4.5 percent. The Trump economy, prior to COVID-19, was employing anyone who basically needed a job- particularly minorities and women.
- The Tax Foundation Taxes and Growth model estimates that the total effect of the new tax law due to lowering the corporate tax rate will be a 1.7 percent larger economy, leading to 1.5 percent higher wages, a 4.8 percent larger capital stock, and 339,000 additional full-time equivalent jobs in the long run. Trump’s TCJA permanently lowering of the taxes that U.S corporations pay made them more competitive internationally and made America a more suitable place for American and international businesses to invest.
- Unemployment was at its lowest percentage since the Lyndon Johnson administration more than 50 years ago. Prior to the COVID-19 crisis America was awashed in job opportunity.
- Trump has appointed two Supreme Court justices, 53 federal appellate judges, and 146 District Court judges. Quite possibly, by the end of Trump’s initial term, he would have placed 3 Supreme Court Justices into life-time positions. He has already placed about the same number of appellate judges on the bench in his first term as Mr. Obama did in his two, 53-55, respectively. Effectively, supposedly, moving the courts more conservative politically. This could cause the Left to seek judicial support of their agenda less.
- Department of Defense rolls out our FY 2020 budget proposal. With the largest research and development request in 70 years, this strategy-driven budget makes necessary investments in next-generation technology, space, missiles, and cyber capabilities. After the eight-year love-fest between U.S President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin, two socialist-minded individuals, and many years of giving our dinner to the Communist Chinese in technology advances militarily, Trump has sought to place the U.S back on top.
- In President Trump’s first 30 months, manufacturers added 499,000 jobs, expanding by 4.0%. After Obama and Biden declared that manufacturing jobs had forever left the shores of America, in the last 30 months of their reign manufacturing employment grew by a paltry 185,000 or 1.5%.
- The United State-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) is a free trade agreement signed by the U.S., Canada, and Mexico — a great victory for small business owners and the economy. The USMCA will help create nearly 176,000 and grow the economy by $68 billion on top of the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement [NAFTA].
- On September 2018 the U.S Energy Information Administration announced that “the United States is now the largest global crude oil producer”. For the first time since 1973, the United States is the bull of the woods when it comes to oil production, largely due to American technological advances in oil shale production and fracking and reduced federal government regulation.
- Trump has sought to enforce U.S immigration policies and erect a 400+mile wall at the south along the world’s largest border separating first-world from third-world. Have a border with a nation, or nations, with such a drastically lower standard and quality of life is challenging enough, it becomes much more so when our national political parties want to no longer recognize our own border and immigration laws. Based on the NAS data, illegal border-crossers create an average fiscal burden of approximately $74,722 during their lifetimes, excluding any costs for their U.S.-born children. If he is not re-elected, look for this number to go through the roof.
- Withdrawals from the Paris Agreement, which committed the U.S. to drastically reducing greenhouse gas emissions, was a truly bad deal—bad for American taxpayers, American energy companies, and every single American who depends on affordable, reliable energy. This trade agreement would have been economically crippling for the United States and the American consumer and give all of the benefits to lesser-develop competitor nations like Communist China, India, & Brazil.
- Trump’s China trade deal brings US great benefits. Trump put the Communist Chinese, and the world, on notice that he is willing to go to the mat to reset the trading table to better benefit the U.S.
- Trump moved the United States Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. That was a really big deal — both as policy and as politics. Trump demonstratively put the Middle East on notice that the United States firmly backs Israel, after 8 years of overt political distancing from the lone true democratic State in the region and generations of promises by U.S Presidents from both Parties.
Reestablishing the Republican Party as THE Party For Blacks and Minorities
- In the latest Gallup poll of presidential job approval, Trump stands at 20% among nonwhites. Despite over 60 years of Democrat unwavering patronage that included 8 years of the first true African-American President, particularly regarding Black-Americans, it is Republican President Trump that brought unemployment rates among African Americans, as well as Hispanics and Asians are all to historic lows.
- The First Step Act legislation reformed sentencing laws that have wrongly and disproportionately harmed the African-American community due to the Clinton era ‘three strikes’ rule. After generations of hundreds and thousands of low-income minorities, particularly black men, serving federal prison sentences for crimes disproportionately in numbers and gravity of the crime, Trump has canceled the 3-Stikes law.
- President Donald Trump signed a bipartisan bill that will permanently provide more than $250 million a year to the nation’s historically black universities, along with dozens of other institutions that serve large shares of minority students. This is something that was truly long overdue. And it is not like the many previous Democrat and Republican Presidents, or Congress critters, weren’t aware of this crippling financial issue with Historical Black Colleges & Universities [HBCU].
And that’s just a sample of the miraculous accomplishments of who will more than likely be the last Citizen-President. The message of accomplishments of Trump should be the mantra of the Republican Party during this election season, but they are barely a whisper. Not one Democrat should be running free without serious Republican competition due to Trump’s accomplishments as well as for their Party’s irreprehensible attempt to use the COVID-19 virus as a reason to close State and municipal economies for the purpose of defeating Trump. But they still apparently are favored in many races. Yes, the Establishment Media is doing it’s best to focus on Trump’s negatives, create accusations of crimes and controversy for Trump to combat and deflect the American people away from Trump’s positives and blatantly carry the water for the Progressive Left and the Democrats. But the flaccid championing of Trump and his successful policies by large numbers of Republicans is evidence that hatred and quiet disdain for Trump goes beyond political parties. You can best believe that if he was democrat his name would be chanted by elementary kids and every member of his party would touting his successes ad nauseam. But like Ceasar, he has haters from within due to the fact that he is a true outsider who has accomplished things within 3 years that Establishment politicians have claimed for years and generations were undoable. Trump and his incredible success is the turd in the political swimming pool.
I have stated my issues with Trump from the beginning. His open announcement that he has NEVER repented or asked for forgiveness, nor sees any reason to ever do so. I question what or who governs is fundamental Truths? His abrasive personality trait notwithstanding, his love and reverence for traditional Americanism, love for this nation’s people, and it’s world dominance and preeminence is unquestionable.
He is willing to fight shamelessly for the country, unlike any President in a long while. He will go down in the history books as one of, if not the most, subsequential U.S Presidents since George Washington. And if he is reelected, there may need to be another face added to Mount Rushmore. The likes of Trump will not be allowed to reach such heights again.