Plato once said, “Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool.” I believe that this can surely be used to characterize 2019 as it fades into the rear view mirror, if not the past 13 plus years. But let us focus on what I believe were the 5 most under-reported stories of the year that you may have missed or misunderstood but are critical for you to know going into 2020.
The Year That Was:
In 2019 we saw the U.S Establishment Media continue it’s unprecedented political rage against the president of the United States, Donald Trump, while being totally disinterested in real news such as the economic implosion of socialist Venezuela and the communist China annihilation of Millions of people due to their religion, and that the U.S/American economy is roaring unlike any time in recent history. Socially the nation continued it’s slid into moral decrepitedness with the growth of secularism and favoritism of socialism and communism amongst more Americans, in particularly the young. The Democrat Party’s complete open promotion and celebration of the killing of newborn babies. And I have not even touched on the distractive theatre that was the Mueller Report and Impeachment Trial of the president. So much more went on in 2019 that actually affects our lives than many of us know. And dare not anyone to speak in opposition or indifference to the popular narrative that is being dispatched by the Media less they be called a nut, a hater, conspiracy theorist, crazy, etc. Lets take a closer look at just a few anyway.
- The Trump Presidency has ushered in an American economy not recently seen and never expected by the critics, despite the democrat’s persistent attempts to derail it and ignore it. The facts are da facts. According to Faith & Freedom Coalition they said what “President Trump has actually accomplished in his years in office – which is truly historic.” Here are some of the bullet points.
- Thanks in large part to TCJA [Tax Cut & Jobs Act], unemployment is at its lowest rate in nearly a half-century.
- Unemployment rates for African Americans, Asian Americans and Hispanic Americans have hit all-time lows.
- We are in the midst of a 16-month streak of 3% year-over-year wage growth.
- More adults are at work – with individuals between the ages of 25 and 54 participating in the labor force at the highest rate since 2009.
- The poverty rate fell to a 17-year low of 11.8% under the Trump administration as a result of a jobs-rich environment.
- The stock market is reaching unprecedented heights, allowing the average American to put away more money for their retirement.
- United States’ growth in Gross Domestic Product (GDP) shows that while other countries have begun to slow down, our economy remains vibrant.
- As reported by Bloomberg as recently as June, corporations have brought back $876.8 billion dollars since TCJA was enacted.
As the 2020 elections loom closer, echoes of Ronald Reagan’s famous question comes to mind, “Are you better off than you were [before Trump]?” I believe that even the most passive observer would say Hell Yeah we are overall! But you wouldn’t know it by the nation’s Media reportsThe Trump Presidency has ushered in an American economy not recently seen and never expected by the critics, despite the democrat’s persistent attempts to derail it and ignore it. The facts are da facts. According to Faith & Freedom Coalition they said what “President Trump has actually accomplished in his years in office – which is truly historic.” Here are some of the bullet points:
- In January the United States officially backed 35-year-old Juan Guaidó as the President of the once South American economic superpower nation of Venezuela.
The United States’ endorsement was soon followed by Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina and Paraguay, Canada, the OAS [the Organization of American States], and a nod from the European Union of support. While Communist China, Russia, Bolivia, and Communist Cuba have doubled down in their support for Mr. Nicolas Maduro, who succeeded Hugo Chavez in 2013. The remarkable economic implosion of Venezuela due to the imposition of naked socialism should be a vivid and visual presentation of why socialism has not worked, does not work, and will never, ever, ever, never ever work to free individuals economically, for particularly the youth in America today. In fact, history has illustrated that naked socialism retards it. The dramatic transformation of the nation of Venezuela from one of the top richest nations on the planet to a literal economic dumpster fire within less than 20 years is a real-world and real-time visual educational lesson on the catastrophic economic system that is naked socialism, and communism for that matter, as compared to the economic miracle that is American style capitalism. In May of this year, the NY Times in a report called “Venezuela’s fall is the single largest economic collapse outside of war in at least 45 years”. But stunningly, you’d be hard-pressed to find 1 out of 10 Americans who know anything about what’s going on a approx. 6 hr flight away.
- 2019 will be studied by future historians on how the national Media stripped off its pretense of neutrality to reveal its raw progressive liberal bias and favoritism to work with the Democrat Party to remove a fairly elected U.S President, Donald Trump. In January of this year, westernjournal.com reported on a study revealing “that an analysis of “every moment of coverage of President Trump on the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts” since Jan. 20, 2017, has shown that those networks had 90 percent negative coverage of the president.” Can you imagine the stink bomb if this news was released about Obama during his reign? But today of president Trump we hear crickets. The Media has done everything it can to suppress the truth of the fabricated cases that were erected against President Trump, but it also created stories out of the ether to further promote it’s and the democrat’s cause. It firmly placed itself opposite the side of being the gatekeepers for the American people honestly informing us on governmental matters.
- One story that I am still stunned at the level of the gross disinterest shown by the Establishment U.S Media regarding Communist China’s forcibly rounding up approx. a MILLION ethnic Uighurs and other Turkic people. As reported by nypost.com in June “the regime is pursuing the largest attempt at cultural annihilation in the 21st century.” Also, according to the report, “30 religious sites were completely demolished while six had their domes and corner spires removed.” Ancient cemeteries are being erased, turned into parking lots. In the southern city of Kashgar, once a jewel of the Silk Road, and closer to Baghdad than to Beijing, morning calls to prayer have been silenced. A more recent report by com stated “ how every aspect of a detainee’s life is monitored and controlled: ‘The students should have a fixed bed position, fixed queue position, fixed classroom seat, and fixed station during skills work, and it is strictly forbidden for this to be changed.” … “punishment-and-reward system helps determine whether inmates are allowed contact with family and when they are released. They are only considered for release once four Communist Party committees have seen evidence they have been transformed.” For those who are ignorant of how the western world sat by to enable the NAZIS atrocities regarding their Jewish population will not see anything wrong here. History is repeating itself horrifically.
- For the first time in America, a sitting U.S Governor and a national political Party openly sanctioned and promoted the lawful killing of newborn babies, i.e., human beings. Virginia Governor Ralph Northam in January during a radio interview discussing a bill that was working it’s way through the State Legislature that sought to repeal restrictions on third-trimester abortions, as reported by foxnews.com. Within the aired discussion the Governor, who by the way used to be a pediatric neurologist – is a doctor who treats children who have problems with their nervous system, said, “So in this particular example if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen, the infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.” Their bill was “tabled” after a severe political backlash as the States’ silent majority rose up in stern indignation. But this did not stop several other Democrat-controlled States [New Mexico, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Virginia, and Washington] from following the lead of New York’s earlier triumphant passage of a law that does away with most restrictions on abortions after 24 weeks, allowing midwives and nurse practitioners to perform abortions and ending criminal charges for harming children in the womb. The media did such a remarkable suppression of this news that Northam was re-elected and was joined with even more democrats to possibly untable the killing of babies bill. But, lets not forget that democrats have been for the killing of babies for a while. In 2003, a then little-known Illinois legislator was the only member of the legislature to not support a bill to provide medical care for newborns who survived failed late-term abortions. He would later become a two term U.S President and golden boy of the Democrat Party. His name was Barack Obama. But, let them tell it they all looove children. Right.
What should we do now:
The year of 2019 was full of enormous change, both domestically and internationally. History was made legitimately, but a lot of information was distorted, manipulated, and hidden from the American people by politicians who we place in positions of authority and leadership in the hopes that they are honorable and largely by the National Media who we hope would be objective and honest reporters to inform the people to help us govern ourselves better.
Plato dropped another gem of wisdom when he said, “Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.” We should desire to be truly informed from more sources than the traditional forms of Media. With the internet there is no excuse to be ignorant. Check your emotions with reason when it comes to political matters. When it comes to matters of right and wrong one’s Party affiliation should be irrelevant. And above all, seek knowledge of something different and that will make your life better and more productive each and every day. In other words, seek to become self-governing and self-reliant as our Founders intended.